Since 2005, New Orleans has improved more than
any other school district in Louisiana.
District Performance Highlights
Educate Now! calculates that the combined DPS for New Orleans should be around 82.4. This means that New Orleans has grown a stunning 25.5 points – 49% – between 2005 and 2011!
#1 in Growth Since 2005
District Performance Score = All students, all grades, all tests
The 2011 combined DPS for New Orleans was calculated by Educate Now!
New Orleans Schools Show Great Improvement
The Louisiana Department of Education has just released the 2010 School Performance Scores (SPS) and District Performance Scores (DPS).
So, how did New Orleans schools do in 2010?
1. The percentage of failing schools continues to decline. Continue reading
Fact: For many schools, only the name is the same.
Comparing the performance of individual New Orleans public schools with the same name pre- and post-Katrina is not a valid analysis.
Why? We shuffled the deck.
Schools with the same name may:
- be in a different location
- have different grade configurations
- no longer serve the surrounding neighborhood
- have different admission requirements Continue reading