ACT Scores Continue to Rise
New Orleans improved more than the state.
- New Orleans’ composite ACT score improved from 18.4 to 18.8, a gain of 0.4 points, while the state improved from 19.2 to 19.4, a gain of 0.2 points.
More New Orleans students have TOPS-qualifying ACT scores.
- 63% of the senior class scored a 17 or higher on the ACT (the qualifying score for 2-year TOPS Tech).
- 38% of seniors scored a 20 or higher (the qualifying score for 4-year TOPS Opportunity).
New Orleans continues to move up in the state rankings.
|2004-05||17||61 out of 68 parishes|
|2013-14||18.4||40 out of 69 parishes|
|2014-15||18.8||35 out of 69 parishes|
New Orleans is closing the gap with the state’s ACT average.
Both OPSB and RSD improved.
- OPSB gained 0.4 points, moving from 20.5 to 20.9.
- RSD gained 0.2 points, moving from 16.4 to 16.6.