- Before the flood, many schools in New Orleans were old and in deplorable shape because of years of deferred maintenance. There was no dedicated stream of revenue for repairs. It would be a terrible waste to allow that to happen again with the schools being built or refurbished post-Katrina.
- This proposition will NOT increase your taxes: The 4.97 mill tax currently received by schools to pay construction bond debt would be redirected gradually (when not needed to pay the bonds) and dedicated to facility preservation. Your taxes will not increase.
- Want more information? Read this FAQ on the millage from OPSB.
Help pass the millage – What YOU can do:
- VOTE on December 6th! Turnout looks to be low, so every vote is important.
- Share this information with your friends.
- Put up a yard sign. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will get you one.